“People have been turning up at the site and clambering over the mud to get our number from the construction workers. ”
The Daily Telegraph
The original St John’s Lodge was a large 1894, Grade II listed Arts and Crafts, Edwardian country house. JWA was commissioned to divide the house into six houses and apartments and design a freestanding new build six unit apartment block. A new courtyard development of 12 houses was also created on the site.
To the Southwest, the new detached apartment block was built in keeping with the language and materials of the original house but lower in height, nestling between the mature trees.
The new development sits in the spacious and elegantly landscaped grounds.
Mature, specimen trees were retained and married with new shrub planting to create a lush development in this leafy Surrey setting.
The restoration and transformation of a dilapidated Grade II listed former meat warehouse became the new home of London’s hottest eaterie. The…
JWA, founded by James Wells is a dedicated team of architects who relish the challenge of dealing with technically demanding schemes. The practice focuses on high quality architectural and interior design work.